For a high level discussion of the architecture and benefits of Jito-Solana, checkout our introduction post or this presentation.
- Bundles are a list of transactions that are executed sequentially.
- Bundles are executed all-or-nothing. If one fails, the entire bundle is rolled back.
- Bundles can contain tips, which allows users to tip validators for priority treatment.
- Bundles are not forwarded between validators.
- Validators can connect to a relayer, which performs filtering and signature verification.
- Validators disconnect their TPU when connected so all packets must come through a relayer.
- Validators fallback if the relayer stops heartbeating or becomes unhealthy.
- Block Engines send high-profit bundles and transactions to validators.
- Shreds can be sent over UDP to an address of one's choice to bypass turbine latency.
- Jito-Solana is open source. The client is permissionless to run with no contracts or other requirements.
- The only fee is 5% on MEV tips through Jito's Block Engine. This has no impact staking rewards and only impacts incremental revenue from MEV.
Last modified 1mo ago